Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul

Have been spending 1 month at home. Except fetching my sister to school, tuition, bringing my mum to settle some documents, scheduling my through-out year plan, fighting with my brother, basically I'll just stay home online & reading some novels. Sounds so relaxing huh? :P

So, at here today I would like to share you one of my favorite books : Chicken Soup for the Soul. (Thanks to sis for borrowing books from her school library for me.) It has many version like couple soul, mother soul etc. Chicken Soup is not like a boring novel instead consist of many short real stories from people and you will feel like experience what people had experienced. Our life is too short to experience everything ie mistakes , romance. What we can do is learn from others' stories. (I quote :P ) Somehow those stories get you motivated and have courage and hope for life.

And this time,I would like to share you the Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul. A worth reading book. One of the heartening story was I'll make you a rainbow written by Linda Bremmer.


Here is one article which I found is good & helpful. Please click on the title below.

When No Words Seem Appropriate Written by a Pediatric Nurse to Ann Landers

Maybe this can help you, your friend in the future. Many people avoid to talk about death. But we all know it will happen one day right. People just chose not to talk about it. Yeah I know, law of attraction may work here, but I just want to share what can we exactly do to help when it happen.

As I go through the book, it mentioned usually people will talk about weather, news etc & avoid to mention the hurt inside your heart. What we actually can do is just be there. If you really want to say something, just say I'm Sorry. Don't ask him what can I do for you. Because the survivor might not know what he need from you. And you can just tell him, I will bring dinner for you tonight at 8 o clock. Or breakfast. Let them know you're there to listen.

From the part of Final Gifts. People said when somebody passed away they will turned to an animal to visit the family to tell them don't worry I'm good. Yes, I believed this. And I start to wonder what will I turned to visit my grandson & granddaughters. (: If somebody do not visit mean the god need him very much that he cant spend more time on the earth, so don't be sad.

Death is not frightening when you know it doesn't separate you from the love one. He is always be there. His teaching & lessons of life always guide you, you can feel his existence even you might not see him again.

It's so easy to summarize from a book. It's so easy to talk what had people talked. When it happen, I will collapse. I wish I had enough to go on. *TOUCHWOOD x hundred times* I'm not ready. So, not so soon please. I love everyone and we still have long to go.

All the best.

Here I cited from the article I Wish You Enough written by Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all your possess.
I wish you enough "hellos" to get you through the final "good bye".





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...